January 2022 Found Objects Challenge Bag! No Limit this month Purchase as many as you want
Due Date: February 7th
Drawing: February 8th (LIVE)
NO LIMIT ON BAGS THIS MONTH
Check out some past events on YouTube by following this link
Playing for $50 worth of beady goodness from Taylors Falls Bead Store that is randomly selected by me, a beading book, and a free entry into next month's challenge. Inspired by the book "Jewelry Maker's Design Book and Alchemy of Objects" by Deryn Mentock
Hello Party People!! Your $5.00 #Foundobjectschallenge bag contains items that are meant for you to upcycle and give new life to these objects and beads that would otherwise be forgotten. Good luck to you on this journey in creating art from old, new, used, and found objects.
Get inspired by your bag!! The point of this challenge is to expand our design skills and thoughts about what “cool” jewelry really is. The point is that you are your best tool!! Your design skills, time, and thought put into the creation is what makes it cool and worthy. I bet you can make something amazing out of this bag. Change is not always comfortable for everyone. I suggest refraining from using your items ASAP. Give yourself a little time to get acquainted with your bag of items. Maybe do a little research on the beads, theme, color, ect...a new technique you have been thinking of trying….Then come to morning coffee LIVE on Youtube and discuss with us. You can make whatever and add whatever you want to your piece! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE JEWELRY. You can add whatever makes you comfortable from your stash.
Get the camera! Take a few pics of your selection of beads prior to your project...this way you will have something to document in your “design book”. Better yet get the design book out and do a little sketch in there about your design. Maybe use some of those cool stickers you picked up too!
Get to making!! If you are struggling with the challenge, maybe move to a different part of your house to bead, maybe take your stuff outside if it's nice. Don’t forget to take some photos. If you don’t get your piece done in one day….no worries it is not a race we have until December 6th at Midnight 2021 to complete the projects.
Complete your piece!! Do a Happy Dance!! Again photos and come to morning coffee to tell us about your progress! Remember this is a challenge so remember to support peers as well by making comments on their items….remember EVERYONE is outside of their comfort zone and might need a little encouragement.
Post at least 3 photos in the Thunderhorse Descendant Group on Facebook and Tag @Foundobjectschallenge and @RandeeBrown to make sure I get a notification to put you on the list for entry into the challenge . If you would like you could tell us a little bit about your process, struggles, wins, you know the ups and downs. Trust there is a designer inside everyone of us!!
The due date for all projects is February 7th (this will not be a judged contest; it will be a random number generated drawing). I will announce the winner on Thunderhorse Descendant’s Tuesday night live at 8pm CENTRAL TIME on February 8th On the Thunderhorse Descendants business page on Facebook.
Good Luck to All and email me if you have questions, comments, or concerns -Randee thunderhorsedescendant [!at] gmail.com
3-5 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Randee Brown, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me in a conversation on Etsy, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to me at Thunderhorse Descendant Co Randee Brown 517 Old North Main Street Cambridge MN 55008.
Thunderhorse Descendant has a partnership with Artist and business owner Jeff Plath from Taylors Falls Bead Store brick and mortar store located at 364 Bench St. Taylors Falls MN. I am including this note to inform you:
- Taylors Falls bead store does not accept returns on beads, kits, or beading components unless it was damaged in shipping. Thunderhorse Descendant must too abide by this policy.
- To discuss a defective or damaged beading component please contact me as soon as possible. If you need to return an item send me an email at email@example.com Please send your item to: Thunderhorse Descendant co Randee Brown 517 Old North Main Street Cambridge MN 55008.
Yes. Thunderhorse will alter your finished jewelry product at no cost. Please notify me as soon as possible regarding what alterations need to be made. You will be responsible for shipping the item back to me at Thunderhorse Descendant Co Randee Brown 517 Old North Main Street Cambridge MN 55008
Yes. I will make custom orders. Please notify me with details of what you are looking for any photos will help. We will consult about each project and I will give you an estimated cost.
Apr 13, 2022
My favourite bead shop; always such fast shipping, excellent quality beads/components, beautiful packaging and amazing customer service!!!
Feb 23, 2022
Feb 4, 2022
Feb 1, 2022
This is one of the most fun things we get to do in Thunderhorse Descendant. It is reasonably priced and it is always fun to see what one can conjure up with the beads you get as well as see what everyone else has made with their FOC beads. Great shop, great vendor, great prices, great beading community!
Jan 28, 2022
This was a very good mix of things to play with. Let the Challenge begin!